Moms and Babies | Musikgarten
Moms and Babies – This class is for you Moms! A Hybrid class – weekly video sent out a week before with a Zoom Gathering at the end of the 6 days so Moms can learn and share the music with their little ones! We’ll read simple books with pictures for beginning language development. We’ll clap and tap, and listen to a little classical music. We sing lullabies, story songs, fingerplays, bounces, tickles, echoes, beat motions and wiggles! Instrument kit includes sticks, rattle, movement scarf and bag for an additional $16.
Along the way, your Baby will experience:
- Connection of baby’s ears to Mom’s voice, which is soothing, engaging, invites communication and is charged with feeling of joy, warmth, love and hope.
- Repeated musical patterns introduce the music of language, precursor of the spoken language.
- Movement through music so important to baby’s development, and Mom’s movement energizes the rapidly developing brain of baby.
- Dancing and singing synchronizing life-giving sensory stimulation, even before baby can turn over.
- Musical touch which establishes vital connections to baby’s world.
- An additional bonding with Mom (or Dad or caregiver!) through music and the joy and support and nurturing it brings.
- Aural perception, a musical sense, and a sense of beat.
- Awakening of natural curiosity and response to music and the world around baby and establish family sharing and appreciation of music.
- Duration 40 minute class
- Activities Musikgarten
- Class Sizes 9
- Years Old 0 - 1.5
- Available Seats