Keyboard/Piano Class | Musikgarten
Keyboard Year 1 is for 6 – 7 yrs. just ready to learn piano and lays the groundwork for keyboard success!
- Fosters pride and excitement in making music both independently and with others.
- Approaches music reading both aurally and visually.
- Aural method emphasis helps students build a natural bridge to reading.
- Maintains holistic approach to music learning.
Materials required: https://www.musikgarten.org/product/music-makers-at-the-keyboard-childrens-book-1-red
Features a variety of activities which lay the foundation for success at the keyboard, such as:
- Dancing and drumming to nurture the child’s rhythmic development.
- Singing to nurture the child’s tonal development.
- Echoing patterns to nurture the child’s aural development.
- Composing and musical dictation to nurture the child’s literacy skills and development.
- Creating your own music!
MATERIALS FOR YEARS 1 -2
Comprehensive learning materials for each of two years. Children’s Books 1 and 2 (Year 1) and Books 3 and 4 (Year 2) each include a Listening CD and online tracks and a Practice CD with special tracks for practice each week. In addition there are multiple notation games, repertoire pieces, sight-reading pieces, opportunities for composing, exercises for developing further literacy skills and pages for learning about music and composers. KEYBOARD Year 2 refines and continues the rhythmic and aural skills learned in Year 1.
- Introduces much-loved piano repertoire.
- Develops and enhances comprehensive musicianship at the keyboard.
- Refines body control and ear tuning.
- Continues to build foundation for life-long instrument playing.
- Duration 60 minute class
- Activities Musikgarten
- Class Sizes 9
- Years Old 6 - 7
- Available Seats