Pre-Piano Class | Musikgarten
Pre-Piano is for 4 yrs. – 5 yrs .just ready to learn piano, but just a little too young to want to practice every day. This is a joyful class designed to gather skills to prepare for piano lessons while singing, clapping, playing rhythm games, notation games and playing percussion instruments like the drum. Stories, songs, movement activities, and ear training center around the keyboard, so a keyboard or a piano in the home is necessary. Materials needed: https://www.musikgarten.org/product/music-makers-at-home-in-the-world-my-home-place-family-packet. Instrument sets are also available and can include a drum, sticks, jingles, finger cymbals, and scarves. This class will be tailored for where the children in the class are developmentally.
Along the way, your child will experience:
- Development of a steady beat through songs starting with body motion, then transferred to instruments.
- Recognizing repeated musical patterns as well as rhythmic patterns, visualizing on cards so we can experience as well as identify through echo response.
- Movement exploration of micro and macro beats, and duple and triple is fun and engaging as we feel and comprehend how these feel when we move.
- Dancing and singing the songs we explore tempo – fast and slow, soft and loud, and all in between.
- Identifying patterns in music – aural and then written.
- Exploring and creating timbre of music – major and minor just for a start.
- Transferring what we learn on other instruments to the piano/keyboard.
- Creating your own music!
- Duration 45 minute class
- Activities Musikgarten
- Class Sizes 9
- Years Old 4 - 5
- Available Seats