Toddler Classes | Musikgarten
Toddlers 18 months – 3 years along with parents/caregivers share the joy of music and movement, knowing that both are constant! We do not expect your toddler to sit still but follow his/her own needs to move, explore, and share new songs and experiences with us! Our hybrid program offers a video released exclusively to you 6 days before our class Gathering on Zoom so you and your child can listen, learn, and enjoy the new music, fingerplays, rhythms, and even a short story. Then in Gatherings at a set time we all come together for a fun, short meet and greet sharing our experiences, our likes, a new story or two, and making new friends along the way! This class is a weekly treat for your Toddler! Materials recommended: https://www.musikgarten.org/product/family-music-for-toddlers-sing-with-me-family-packet.
Along the way, your Toddler will:
- Sing on pitch: sing the sounds he/she hears thus learning how to match pitch accurately, as well as imitate melodic patterns.
- Listen to music and identify sounds – both instrument sounds and nature sounds – and identify what is heard in the music with other sounds around him/her.
- Move to the music – learning to manipulate, explore, and become aware of body parts. Experience new movements such as walking (sometimes even to the beat!), lifting, carrying, striking instruments, and moving to the music with joy and abandon!
- Play and clap rhythms with body sounds as well as instruments at home or available in our instrument kits ($20 and up)
- Encourage language development beginning with short 2-3 word sentences. Increase intelligence level – music is known to promote brain stimulation and stimulate brain function.
- Duration 30 minute class
- Activities Musikgarten
- Class Sizes 9
- Years Old 1.5 - 3
- Available Seats